Monday, January 2, 2012

The Wreath

Maggie has one of the best teachers on the planet, and she wanted to do something special for her for Christmas. You may remember the sheet music wreath we made.  She decided to do something like that, with a little twist.
She used an old Mother Goose nursery rhyme book instead of sheet music.  It had some full color illustrations in it; it turned out so cool.  (I wanted to keep it...but I restrained myself.)
Needless to say, Mrs. Peters was thrilled with it.
I wish I had thought to take some pictures of it at home, but I just snapped a couple quickly at school.

Incidentally, I got the book of nursery rhymes from Grandma Schoon.  It was falling apart and she thought I could do something "crafty" with it.  I held on to it for years, never coming up with just the right project.  Until now.  I think Grandma would be thrilled.

2 comments:

  1. I think she would be thrilled too! Very nice, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative use of that old book ... I'm sure Grandma Schoon would be very proud of you, Maggie! You are an amazing young lady, and I'm thinking there are great things in store for you and MaggieDoodle Designs!
    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete