Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tag, I'm it...

Apparently you can play games in blogland.  Tag...who knew?  Anyway, I have been tagged and these are the answers to the questions my cousin would like answered.  And she's a teacher, so I have to do a really good job so I don't flunk. (Me flunk English?  That's unpossible...) If you want to see the questions she was asked and answered, check it out at Words that Sing

Anyway, here goes:

1. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be and why?
Sing really well.  I know this isn't really a "learning" issue, but a complete lack of talent.  Regardless, if I could learn to make beautiful music, not just a joyful noise, that would be awesome.  I am a very bad singer.

2. If you could paint a picture of a landscape/something from your memory perfectly, what would you choose and why?
The day Jake and Maggie caught a squirrel and came down the hill in our yard with Maggie holding it all squirming by the tail.

3. What is one career/occupation that you would NOT want to do/ or would not be suited for you? 
Podiatrist or masseuse.  Feet gross me out.

4. What is something you keep extras of on hand at nearly all times in your home?
 light bulbs, toilet paper, paper towels, nothing really weird

5. If you could BE a fictional character and live their story, who would it be? 
Lucy Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia.  She has her own magical country, becomes and queen and is best friends with a talking lion.  Duh.

6. What is the story that your family always tells about you?
The time I drug a tent behind my car all the way to town.  Don't ask.

7. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?
Probably just plain old vanilla, but with a different topping every day...nuts, chocolate...

8. What is your morning routine?
Wake up at 7, get the kids up, make breakfast, get them to school by 7:45 and then, either work out or come home and go back to bed. Which I am a bit ashamed to admit.

9. What were you doing the last time you had a really good laugh?
I was with Scott and Jake and Maggie.  Those two are constantly cracking us up.

10. If you could make all of one kind of thing go away, what would it be?
Hunger.  With all of the excesses we have in our country, no one should go without food, ever.

11. What is one thing you think all High School students should be taught before they graduate? [This does not have to be related to a "core" subject]
 How to take responsibility for your own actions; and not to blame everything in your life on circumstances around you.  
And now, I am supposed to keep the game going, but I am only going to tag one person - my sister, Sara at Don't Blink.  And I'm only going to ask her one question.
What is your favorite recipe and when is the last time you made it?
Because she makes really good food.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Thanks for playing along. And I'm glad you told Sara to play a long. Love that you would want to paint/capture when Jake and Maggie caught a LIVE squirrel. No wonder you're always laughing at those two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I hadn't thought about the tent behind the car story (right through town wasn't it?) for awhile!

    ReplyDelete