Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Program I and II

This year's school Christmas program was "Joyland."  Jake had a speaking part and Maggie got to be, well, you'll just have to read on to find out.
Joyland is a toy store - Jake was a sales clerk named Tommy.    Notice the lack of singing.  Pretty typical.
Maggie, on the other hand, loves the singing.
Jake did great - remembered all of his lines, even though his microphone gave out.  My favorite part was when it started working again and he whispered, "My mic is working again," for all the audience to hear.
And Maggie's special part?  She got to be 1 of 4 dancing sheep.  They had a routine during one entire song.  She did just great!
And looked pretty darn cute, too!
On to the church program.  This year, the kids got to play the nativity one of three Sundays in December.  Jake got to be a king - check out his royal crown!!
And Maggie was a camel.
Sorry about the less-than-stellar pictures.  I'm not the best photographer, especially in difficult lighting and from far away.

Anyway, I cherish these memories, because I know they won't always be so excited to play a camel and a king.  But I hope they will always be excited about celebrating Christmas - and for the right reasons; that it is the birth of our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment