Monday, January 16, 2012

Ski Club & Snowboarding

Jake signed up for Ski Club at a ski place this winter...ten bucks for the season and he skis free every Friday, including lift ticket and ski rental.  Can't beat it!!  We carpool with another family and this past Friday was my turn to drive.

As soon as we got there, Jake and Jacob took off and I didn't get any pictures of them. Suffice it to say, my son is a crazy skier.  Our one rule is, no skiing in the trees unless he's with his dad.  And don't get  hurt.  I guess that's two rules.  He wears a helmet, which makes me feel a tiny bit better...

Mags isn't old enough to sign up for ski club and really wanted to learn to snowboard, so I signed her up for a private lesson.  She did AWESOME!
Her instructor said he had never had a beginning snowboarder take off like she did.  They even took her up the lift and came down one of the big hills.
She was quite wiped out at the end of it all.  So, she took a nap in the chalet while Jake and his friend were on the slopes until about 9 p.m.  (They all fell asleep in the car on the way home.)
And here is my very first video on my blog.  I decided if my 9-year old can figure out how to post a video on her blog; then I can too.  (I am 40, after all!)

1 comment:

  1. Um...I couldn't get the video to work....maybe Maggie needs to help you:)

    ReplyDelete