Monday, January 23, 2012

Benched

The CCS Auction is in a few months, so we are working on a few things to donate.  I've had this little bench for years; it was oak (I am especially bad about taking "before" pictures of things, I get too excited to get to the "after" that I don't take the time to do it...)

Maggie helped paint the lid.
I painted the rest of it and then we decided to add a little twist.
I love all the subway art that's popular right now, so we decided to do that to the lid of the bench.
Maggie suggested words that mean "Stuff" because that's what you can put inside. :)  She's a genius!  Jake suggested the word "doodads."  It's my favorite.  He's a genius, too.
Their mother on the other hand, is not a genius.  I had to remove a word...because I misspelled it.  (I have a degree in journalism; was an English major for a year and a half before I changed my major...I should know how to spell.)  I had "Paraphanelia" where "Accessories" is.

It should say "Paraphernalia." And every time I looked at it, I thought of drugs.  (You know, they always say "drug paraphernalia" on the news...) So, off it came.

We rectified the situation and now it's all proper and such.

Once again, I want to keep it.
Once again, I probably won't.  Sigh.

We're also working on a really cool bookshelf and chair that the 3rd grade class will be donating along with all of their favorite books.  Sort of a "ready-made reading nook."  We selected "The Chronicles of Narnia" from our family.  Can't wait until it's all done and ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Of course, I love all the crafts you and the kiddos do...and yes, I agree they are GENIUSES! [Maggie, great idea with the "stuff" words!]

    Someday I want to come to your house for like a month and just CRAFT!! :)

    ReplyDelete