Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Shed

Scott told me the other day he was a little hurt that I never blogged about the shed he built, so here it is.

We originally bought a pre-fab sort of thing at Menards.  It wasn't quite as elementary as those snap-together rubbermaid things, but close.  We had the whole thing up and were on the last step, which, incidentally was screwing it all together (yes, the instruction said to first use duct tape to "stabilize it" and then at the end, put the screws in - um, ok).  One gust of wind came up and the entire thing came crashing down.  The back wall blew out towards the lake, the roof came down on top of our heads.  We were both bleeding in various places.  So, I called Menards and asked to talk to a manager.  The gal on the phone said, "I can probably help you." So I replied, "Ok, a shed we bought from you just collapsed on my husband and me and we're both bleeding."  She said, "Let me get a manager for you."

They were super nice about it; refunded our money and sent a huge truck to pick up all of the pieces.  And then we decided to build a shed ourselves.  From scratch.  Using real wood and screws.  Not duct tape.

We tucked it back into the trees on the only sort-of flat spot in our back yard.


And the finished product:

Yay!!  We cleaned out our workshop - lawn mower, summer stuff that we store in the winter months, etc. and put a furnace in the workshop.  It is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!  Scott and I worked on a project the other day; toasty warm while the snow fell outside.  We are sorry we didn't do this ten years ago when we bought the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment