Friday, March 2, 2012

I have a problem

Hello.  My name is Barb and I am a paintaholic.  Apparently, admitting that fact is the first step towards recovery.

Since we are in the process of remodeling our kitchen, I have been doing dishes in a laundry sink in the basement, in the same room where I keep my paint.

In the ten years we have lived here, I have never gotten rid of any paint.  And there was paint here when we moved in.

Needless to say, having to stare at all of that paint while doing dishes has been driving me crazy.

So, I decided to do something about it.  (Step two in the road to recovery.)

A bazillion trips up the steps later, and this is the pile that I had to load in my car and take to the recycling center.  EGAD. 
I am ashamed to admit that I even added a couple of gallons to this pile after I took the picture.  SHAMEFUL.  I filled the entire back end of my SUV; the gallons were stacked two high. The man at the recycling center just said, "Oh, my" when I opened my vehicle for him.  Oh, my, indeed.

I still have a shelf full of paint cans in the basement; but it consists of primer, the colors that are currently on the walls (for touch-up purposes, of course) and spray paint.  (And I have about 40 cans of that...sick, I know.)

So, after I am done putting this out there (accountability is step three in the road to recovery), I am going to finish cleaning out the storage room.  I might even hang curtains in there.  But I am NOT painting anything.

1 comment: