Monday, March 19, 2012

The Biggest Ever

You may remember that I mentioned a big surprise at school during spirit week?  Well, it was the world's biggest banana split (or at least our school's biggest banana split).
Thankfully, the weather cooperated and we could be outside for the gooey goodness.


That's 150 feet of rain gutter, lined with foil, with cardboard dividers taped in place.  Each student had their own little trough.  There was even a television news reporter there, which whipped everyone into a frenzy.  I just felt sorry for the poor girl; I remember those days, schlepping a camera around with no photographer, wanting to cover "real" news and instead getting sent to the middle of nowhere to tape a bunch of kids eating ice cream.
Yum.  I think.  I didn't try any.  It didn't take long for it all to disappear, and then we got to unfoil the rain gutter, wipe everything down and about 30 minutes later, you would never know it had happened.  Except, you might wonder why you were sticking to the pavement if you walked in that area...

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! I'll bet the kids loved it! And it looked pretty tasty to me..

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete