Friday, March 23, 2012

Down with Clutter

The great purge is continuing at our house.  I vowed in January that I would clean out every closet, every drawer, every room...

I am getting there.

The kitchen is almost done; just a few more cupboards to go through, but I am waiting until the painter comes to do my cabinets before I finish that.  Everything will have to be taken out and all the cabinets wiped out after the painting is done, so I figured I would just finish it then.

Laundry room, done.  Back entry and closet, done.  Family room, done. Dining room...kinda done.  I need to go through my hutch, although I don't have a lot in there.  Office, done a few times, will probably be done again.  Paint storage room, done.  Bathroom, cabinets done, linen closet, getting done today.

And here, you see my totally organized master bedroom closet.  (HA).

 And the rest of the story.
I am geared up to tackle this; and I have been waiting for a day when I really felt like getting rid of stuff to do this room.

Scott and I do not have a master bathroom or walk-in closet.  We share one closet with bi-fold doors; so you really can't get to part of the closet.  To be honest, not sure what's all in there.  The "far reaches" is where I keep all my formal gowns...which I pull out and wear when gardening.  Just kidding; I really have no formal gowns (unless you count old prom and bridesmaids dresses in the dress-up bin), but I do have gardening clogs.

I am vowing to get rid of enough stuff that I can put all of my clothes in my closet, instead of keeping "off season" stuff in bins under my bed.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....



I did it! And the purged items are going somewhere very special. Scott and I are excited about an opportunity we have coming up...I'll share more on that when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! And feels good too, doesn't it?

    I feel like I could do that again, even though we just moved last fall!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete