Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sand For Sale

Maggie recently had a friend over and they decided to get creative. Colored sand and old jelly jars inspired big ideas.
They had so much fun and filled the few jars I had so quickly, I resorted to scrounging old spaghetti sauce jars out of the recycling bin and breaking out the goo gone to get the labels off. When they were done, they decided to share their masterpieces with the world.
I whipped up some peach tea (crystal light), they made a great sign and set up a table and business was off and running.

Now, mind you, we live on a dead end road in the country. Not a lot of traffic, vehicle or otherwise. But God is good. The first customer was our mailman. He bought a large jar and some tea and proceeded to tell all the neighbors about the sale. We have fabulous neighbors; all of whom have adopted our kids as their own.
Eight dollars later, they called it a day. I'm sure it will be a memory they will never forget. Reminds me of the time my sister and I sold rocks to the students at NWC in Orange City. I guess the entrepreneurial spirit runs in the family.

2 comments:

  1. I think I bought some of those rocks! A very good investment I might add. Love you. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cute! Kelsey & I used to have lemonade stands with our neighbors while Mom was inside calling everyone she knew to come by so we might have a little business. Nothing ever as creative as sand creations, though (or rocks for that matter!).

    ReplyDelete