Monday, September 7, 2009

Home Again

Back from Family Camp in Iowa. Whew. We had a great time at Hidden Acres - it's the camp where Scott and I met. It has changed through the years; we had to swim in a big mud hole, now they have an indoor pool.

The mudhole is called Lechler Lake - Jake kept calling it a pond. I told him it was a lake and he said, "That's no lake." A true Minnesotan.

We played carpet ball, did the canoe races, minnow races and frog-jumping races; and won none of them. But we had a blast just taking part.

Jake and Scott spent a good part of Saturday "hunting." They went looking for bullfrogs and caught eight. On the way back to camp (they had to go to a better bullfrog hunting spot and use a lawn mower and red ribbon - a very lengthy, invloved story...) all of the bullfrogs got out in my van. They found seven. Scott told me he thought maybe they had counted wrong to begin with and that they had only caught seven in the first place. Maggie and I went to garage sales and found lots of treasures (junk) and then came back to camp and made a rope.

Saturday night, we went to the Dayton Rodeo (huge tradition) and when we got back in the van, guess what was sitting on the dashboard. I'm just glad Scott was driving and had gotten in first. I would have had a coronary. I don't like amphibians. I'm just hoping they didn't really catch nine...

2 comments:

  1. And you actually believed Scott when he said they probably counted wrong to begin with. Barbie, Barbie, Barbie......

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete