Monday, May 27, 2013

Evolving Style

So, I have finally figured out what I like.  I think.  A few years ago, I jumped on the "everything should be light" bandwagon.  After making fun of my mother for years when she would paint all of her walls white or off-white.  Sorry, Mom.  
Anyway, this was what I did in my bedroom. I liked it. But I never loved it. It felt very stark and cold.  Plus, the white bedding didn't stay white very long, and don't get me started on the rug.  Pristine is not how we live. 

In the last few years, I have realized that I do love white - white on furniture; white trim, etc.  And I love light colors on my walls.   I really love shades of gray - blue gray; beige gray; really all gray.  But I have realized that I also love color.  So I've been adding color back into my life.
Terrible picture, but it shows what a few accessories can do to change the entire look of a room.  Same wall color, same furniture, just changed the bedding and the curtains.  (It really does look better than this in real life.  Someday I'll get a new grown-up camera and take real pictures.  But probably not.)  And now that I know what I like, I can stop redecorating all the time.  :) (Hahahahahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment