Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blustery Day Art

Since we are still awaiting summer here in the north reaches, we're finding things other than swimming and boating to occupy our time. Today, we decided on an art project.  First, we gathered a bunch of sticks.  Fresh from the forest floor.
Then, we found some old pieces of wood.  The one I used was pulled out of the lake by my son.  It had been drying up on shore for a few weeks.  I brushed it with a little bit of gray paint to give it an even more weathered look.
Then it's time to arrange your sticks in your desired shape.  Can you guess what this will become?
Someone decided to do a sign for his room.  He picked a very appropriate word.
And then we just used some hot glue to attach the sticks to the boards.



Mine.  I actually started out with the idea of a door hanging for the door into my garage, but it got a little large for that.  I'm going to put it on a wall in the lower level of my house.  "Lower level" is Minnesotan for "basement."
His.  It's going in his room.  Or on his door.  We're still trying to decide.


1 comment: