Saturday, May 25, 2013

Let there be light.

When we converted our living room into a formal dining room, it looked funny that there was no light hanging above the table.  So we faked it with lanterns and remote-control candles.  It looks lovely, I really like it; however, it really doesn't provide any light.  During the day, not an issue, but if we host anything in the evening, it gets a little murky. 
Serendipitously, I ran into an electrician who had worked in our house, at Grandparents' Day at our school.  He pulled me aside and said, "I'm retired now, but I still like to do small projects from time to time, so if you ever have anything, just let me know." A lightbulb went off in my head and I immediately thought of our dining room.  (Sorry about the bad joke.)

So he stopped by and is going to rectify the situation.  I love the pendant light look (not a huge fan of chandeliers), so I picked up three of these beauties at Lowes.  (Love that store, by the way.  We need one in Willmar.)
It looks a little small in this picture; but they're actually a little bit wider than the lanterns and almost as tall.  Since the view of the lake is amazing from the dining room; and the first thing you see when you walk through the front door, I didn't want anything that would block the view.  I think the clear glass is just the ticket.

And this is sort of what it will look like. Obviously not my house, but the same sort of layout.  I can't wait until it's done.  Then people will actually be able to see what they're eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment