Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A project and other stuff

I was asked to do a project for a graduation gift after a mom saw the Union Jack/music night stand I did.  She basically wanted the exact same thing.  Ack.  Not good for a few reasons - #1; the nightstand was a very unique piece of furniture; no way was I going to find something like that anytime soon.  #2; I'm not a huge fan of doing the same thing again.  Stifles my creativity. :)
So, I sent her a picture of this dirty little basket tower that I've had for about a decade.  It's been sitting in my workshop for a couple of years, ready for some love.  She said, "go for it."  So I did.
And now the baskets sport the Union Jack and I mod podged sheet music to the top.  It was a very quick project; although it was not super easy to paint the Union Jack on wicker.  I'm not a fan of painting wicker unless I can spray it.
In other news, my hearty children donned their wet suits and went tubing the other day.  The ice was not off the lake until the beginning of May, so that water is CHILLY!  They're brave.
And then when we got back, they did some swimming.  Brrrr!  Makes my feet cold just thinking about it!
I inadvertently went on a field trip with Maggie's class.  (Long story...) It was cold and rainy, but we still packed a lot in.  Canoeing...
The flying squirrel...
And the climbing wall.  I opted out of the "Pond Experience" to make a few phone calls in my car (since I was there inadvertently...)

Jake trained for the 100 meter dash, shot put and long jump for a track and field day.  I tried to post video of one of his training sessions, but it didn't work.  You'll just have to imagine.

I am still working on purging my house.  The above picture shows what I pulled out of the closet in the guest room.  Six garbage bags later; it looks much better.
And I just finished this for a client.  Unfortunately, I don't have a "before" picture of this one.  Think bad cream colored paint job that someone used stain over to "antique" it.  Trust me, this is better.

Today, I cleaned out my workshop.  I really should have taken some pictures, but it was so shameful, I couldn't.  Even Scott was complaining about how bad it was.  (And he can put up with just about any mess on the planet!!)

I have Jake's room, two storage rooms, one closet, my pantry and my garage to go.  I have thrown away/hauled to Goodwill - 46 garbage bags full to the brim.  The sun is finally supposed to shine tomorrow after about a week of rain, so my plan is to dig into my garage.  And then Scott can start parking in there again. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment