Monday, April 16, 2012

Update

April has been a CRAZY month in our household.

We were on spring break for the first week.  My kitchen was finished while we were gone, and I'd love to show you pictures, but I'm having some problems with my camera.  Soon.  I hope.

The contractor is supposed to be starting work on our bathroom this week; I think it will be a pretty short project (maybe wishful thinking...) and then my house can get back to normal.  I really just want to scrub my floors, but it's not worth it with all the drywall dust floating around.

We went to Phoenix for break and took a little road trip from there to Zion National Park in Utah.  It was beautiful.  Loooong drive, but beautiful.  We had a great time in Phoenix, too...the kids swam, we hiked, spent time with family. 

My dryer broke the day before we left for Phoenix, so I had to do something about that when we got back.  My washer and dryer were in our house when we bought it ten years ago, and weren't new then.  We've had the dryer fixed a few times, and the last time, the repairman said, "Next time, don't call me.  Just go get a new dryer."

So, I did some research while we were gone and had decided what I wanted by the time we got back to Minnesota.  We went shopping the day after we got home and now I have a new washer and dryer.  You can fit 65 extra-large t-shirts in the washer at one time.  Because, you know, when you have 65 extra-large t-shirts to wash, that's extremely handy. 

We also had the CCS Auction the week after we got back and I am just really glad it's over.  It went very well and was a lot of fun, but I am not as young as I once was, and it really wipes me out.  (I also went and got three shots in my arms the day before we set up for the event...not smart.  I was really sore!)  I went to bed at 7:30 that night and took another nap today, just trying to catch up.  I chaired it again this year and have one more year to train someone in, and then I am done. 

This week is our Operetta - a musical done by the 1st through 5th graders.  I get to make a refrigerator box into a time machine.  By Thursday.  And tomorrow is Tuesday.  I'm thinking I might just get in it, and go back to Sunday, so I have a few more days to work on it.  (Probably won't work, huh?)

Spring was here for awhile and then it sort of went away.  It snowed a little bit this morning.  Yuck.  We are looking forward to warmer weather and to school getting out.  The kids are signed up for NOTHING this summer, which is just how we like it.  We are taking the kids to Haiti in June for a mission trip with another family (hence the shots in my arm) and are really looking forward to that.  The kids are signed up for camp; we'll hang out at the Sonshine Music Festival for a few days in July and we're probably going to the Black Hills.

But before all that, I'm going to take another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment