Friday, April 27, 2012

A Drat and A Cat

I have a picture that I am not going to post, because it looks SO BAD.  The tile I picked for our bathroom backsplash is so colossaly bad with the countertop that even Scott thinks it needs to be ripped out.  And he likes pretty much anything.  :(  He's even calling the contractor for me, which proves how bad he thinks it is.  Pretty sure the contractor is going to fire me.

The silver lining, is that this whole debacle just serves as a wonderful reminder to me of what an amazing husband I have.  I called him at work tonight (where he's slaving away to pay for my epic fail in the bathroom), apologized for the umpteenth time and he said, yet again, "Barbie, this doesn't even come close to the category of big deals.  Let's just get it fixed and get it fixed right while we still can."  And then he told me to go to a movie tomorrow night with a friend and he would hang out with the kids.  After working four 12-hour night shifts in a row.  I don't deserve him, but I'm sure glad I married him!

(Even though he gave our long-haired cat a haircut with a scissors yesterday.)  Max has been locked in the garage all day today, because I'm afraid someone might shoot him if they see him - he looks diseased.  Pretty sure Mittens has been making fun of him all day, too.  Maggie cried, Jake laughed...  I asked Jake to please clean up the fur (in the middle of the front yard, mind you) after Scott said he would just mow over it the next time he mowed.  Jake pulled the shop vac to the middle of the yard and vacuumed it all up.  I cringe when I imagine what the neighbors think of us.  Anyway, Max has a hair appointment on Monday - he's getting the "Lion" cut - they shave him except for a mane around his face and a pouf on his tail.  Cannot wait to see that.

2 comments:

  1. Pictures! we want pictures!! :) You're right, you do have a wonderful husband --- and he has a wonderful wife! Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the movie with friends and fixing the tile was his way of apologizing for making your cat look like it is owned by a family of rednecks!!! LOL I just love reading your blog (and I love the fact that he calls you Barbie, because you will always be Barbie to me)

    ReplyDelete