Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring?

Yesterday, the kids wanted to go tubing; so, we loaded 'em up and took them tubing.  It was bee-u-tee-ful!  (Except the tube apparently has a hole in it and flooded, so their little buns got a little cold.)

Today was another really nice day, tomorrow is supposed to be a little rainy, but good temps.  And then, it nosedives.  40's again on Thursday.

I really want spring to stay put.  I've been working in our landscaping - it's been a little neglected the last few years.  Two years ago, I hired a high schooler to weed for me, since I was really busy with wedding stuff.  Last year, I was just a little "meh" and didn't care.  And now, it's bugging me. Things are a little overgrown and under-mulched.  And we still have leaves leftover from fall - EVERYWHERE.

Yesterday, I pulled up each rock around one particular bed and pulled out all the grass that had grown in between them.  Took me all day and my back is killing me.  But my eyes no longer hurt when I look at it. :)  Now, it just needs to stay warm so I can plant flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment