Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Great Freezer Challenge

I have 4 freezers. Two are connected to refrigerators, we got a small chest freezer from Scott's grandma several years ago and we have a larger upright freezer. Every single one is pretty full and extremely unorganized. In fact, I couldn't tell you what's even in them for the most part. How sad is that?

So, I have decided to do the great freezer challenge (add "pantry" to that as well). We are eating out of the freezer and pantry for the next several weeks until they are empty. Last night, we grilled brats and had some stir-fry veggies. Tonight; baked pork ribs with frozen corn and maybe some rice. Tomorrow night, marshmallows, some over-ripe bananas and red peppers. (Just kidding!)

1 comment:

  1. You always make me laugh! That may work for you but I'm telling you, you wouldn't want to eat a lot of what is in our freezers! Dead creatures that have some attraction of some sort kept in assorted baggies, trash bags, etc., animal hides, oil paints on a palette (don't ask), etc. At one time, I had an entire deer head in a see-through bag that stared at me whenever I opened the freezer. I finally insisted it be put in a dark trash bag. I've also had numerous snakes in my freezer. But don't worry, even though you inspire me to clean and organize, next time you come, I'll go to the grocery store and not my freezer to prepare a meal for you!

    ReplyDelete