Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Momever & a Happy Birthday

Everything I know about being a mother, I learned from the best...some of you may know her and all who do agree that she is about as close to a saint as anyone here on earth.

Thank you, Mom, for loving me and raising me right. Thank you for the example you have been in my life, not just in the area of mothering, but in every way. You are the best and I love you.
For Mother's Day, Jake and Maggie decided to make signs for my office. Jake found a piece of wood in the lake and Daddy helped with the router and this was the result. "Best Momever" I love it.

Maggie also got in on the action and added a bit of girly touch to hers.

Since I loved them so much, we decided to make one for Herb, our neighbor, who is celebrating a birthday this week. He does a lot of woodworking (for himself and pretty much everyone in the neighborhood), so we thought this was fitting:
Maggie routered the letters (wearing her safety glasses and ear protection...wish I had taken a picture of that!!!); I painted and Jake beat it with a hammer to make it look oldish. I think he'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment