Friday, February 17, 2012

What About Bob?

I was going to title this post, "RIP, Bob," but I thought some people might be a tad alarmed.  This post is not about my dad (who is doing just fine), but about something else named Bob.
Our back entryway has been a complete and utter mess for quite some time.  We all have too many coats, too many shoes and boots and nowhere to put them.  I don't have a mud room, just this little back entry area that leads into a laundry room/half bathroom.
At one point, I bought this piece of furniture from a friend who bought it at an auction.  Her husband did not approve, so she offered it to me (and my awesome husband always approves of what I do) and I bought it.  Thought it would fit perfectly.  It didn't, but we kept it for several years anyway.
We never knew what to call it.  The kids would ask, "Where is such and such?" and I would say, "On that thing that I bought at the CCS auction in the back entryway..."  We decided a shorter name was in order, so Maggie said, "What about Bob?"  And so Bob it was.
Bob took up way too much room and didn't offer very convenient storage.  Bob also half-blocked the door to the laundry room and a few weeks ago, I'd had enough of Bob.

So, we loaded him into Scott's truck and took him to Public Market - a store here where you can sell stuff on consignment.  Upon loading him into the truck, Bob broke in half, but we took him anyway.  The guy at Public Market thought he could put Bob back together and sell him for a hundred bucks.
And now, my back entry looks like this.  Ahhhh.  I told Scott there was enough room back there for me to dance.  He was confused as to why I would want to do that.  Totally beside the point.  I just could, that's all.
I even organized the closet.
And hung a boatload of hooks.

I also painted, not sure I'm loving the color, but I am waiting until all of the renovations in our kitchen are done before I fully decide. I found a spot for the bench Jake made for me, and am thinking about hanging my spigot hooks under my chalkboard.  A friend gave this to me for my birthday and I love it!  Just not quite sure where to put it, but it will probably end up there so I can hang some colorful purses or something there.  I feel like this space needs a little shot of color.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment