Sunday, April 10, 2011

If you're going to speak...

I once heard a speaker say, "If you're going to speak, speak well." AMEN. Can we also apply that to the written word?

Please, if you are spelling something that will be seen in public, spell it right. Kari's Korner Kuts and Kurls is neither kute nor korrect. It also really messes with my 2nd and 3rd graders who are trying really hard to become good at spelling and reading.

Also, "supposebly" is not a word. It's "supposedly."

That's all. Just venting a little bit. I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. Or how about "shoppe"? Just because you spell it that way does not make it quaint or high end. Just call it a shop people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know it's called "creative spelling"? We need to encourage our children to live outside the box a little. Come on, you guys! Get with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!

    I just had the "supposebly" conversation with someone. And can I add: LOOSE and LOSE mean two different things! :)

    [Although I do appreciate you, Mom, for allowing me to live outside the box ;)]

    ReplyDelete
  4. allright! I beleive live is knot fair! Tucson,az

    ReplyDelete