Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Find

I found this 1940's dressing table at a thrift store for twenty bucks. (It has drawers and a big round mirror that attaches to the back, I just didn't get a photo taken before I had removed all of that.) I did a little research and found it was worth about $150.
I bought it specifically to redo and donate to the auction (I know, I know, more auction stuff - but it's been a little consuming lately), so I got to work.

Primed, painted, stenciled, new knobs, new drawer liners...what do you think? (I want to keep it, but I promised I wouldn't.)

3 comments:

  1. Barb ... do you brush or spray your wonderful creations?? You do such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spray paint leaves things a little blotchy when I do it and I don't have a professional sprayer (just a cheap one that gets clogged easily and leaves blobs), so I just use a brush. Let me know if you ever want anything done - I LOVE doing it and my house is full up, so I can't do any more projects for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be hard to let go. So cute. Sure makes me think of the one Mom and Dad always had in their bedroom. You need to find a little stool to go with it. Kyle's mom has found alot of them - refinishes and recovers the seat with something wonderful. They're really neat and a cute addition to almost any room. Like you need more projects!

    ReplyDelete