Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

Swim Meet: St. Michael, MN; January 29
Time: Up at 5:30 am. On the road by 6; warm-ups start at 7:20 (You have got to be kidding me!!!)
Events: Jake - 100 Freestyle; 100 Backstroke; 50 Breast Stroke - 3 ribbons for beating his best times. Maggie: 50 Backstroke - 1 ribbon for beating her best time.
Number of inspirational stories told before the meet: 0 (I shared how my freshman basketball team was 0 & 15...Scott said that was worse than his stories last time...whatever.)


Maggie getting ready to do a flip turn - something her mother has yet to master. I am so proud!!
Hard to tell in this picture, but Jake's goggles fell down when he dove in for his breast stroke race. He swam the whole way with them down around his chin. And beat his time. I am so proud!


Home by 3:00 - I slept all the way home (hour and a half) then took a two hour nap once we got here. Cheering them on just takes everything out of me (not to mention getting out of bed at 5:30 am)!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Jake and Maggie--YOU ARE DOING SO WELL IN THE WATER!! I understand that you have lots of snow to play in also--when you aren't swimming
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a good mom! Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete