Friday, January 28, 2011

Ahhhffice

Jake decided he wanted a bigger bedroom, so we moved him out of his tiny room and gave him the former guest room. I will post pictures of that when he cleans it. I decided to turn his former room into my office and the kids' craft room. I LOVE IT!!! I just feel like saying "ahhhhh" whenever I am in there.

I have never had a dedicated office in this house, so my piles of paper would either be on the kitchen counter or on my dresser, depending on who was coming over. This was most possibly the cheapest makeover ever. Mom sewed my curtains and table/desk skirting (with 1/2 price fabric...) I made the chair pads and used old chairs we already owned. Scott built the cubbies a long time ago, and he also built my desk and Maggie's craft table-using wood we already had, too. I bought the cute little antique typing cart for $7. Yes, that's "seven dollars," my friend.
Maggie and I have been loving the vinyl stick-on trees we've been seeing in Pottery Barn and other catalogs, so we decided we needed one in the office. I have a Silhouette machine (cuts vinyl and other stuff) and you can print your own designs (unlike the Cricut...you have to have cartridges for that one). So, we designed a tree, downloaded a cute owl and made our own. We love how it turned out.
Since I took the pictures, I added a large owl to her craft table (under the glass.) Whooo wants to come over and do some crafts?

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! As much as we miss our good neighbors, your blog helps me to feel connected even though we are miles apart.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete