Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Right in the Middle of Someday

The past few years, there have been so many things I have wanted to do...and I would think, "Someday I'll get to that."

Someday I will spend more time with my kids.

Someday I will be able to take long walks with my husband.

Someday I will be able to do more for my friends.

Well, recently I realized that I am right in the middle of my someday. I decided it was time to slow down...I stepped down from a few committees, quit my (very) part-time job and started saying "no" a little more often to things that I may have normally felt obligated to do.

I am a stay-at-home mom (& wife) for a reason. And so, this year, I am doing that. I am staying home. I am spending more time with my kids, taking long walks with my husband and doing more for my friends. And I am loving it.

I love the time that Scott and I can spend on his days off. I love the fact that when Jake asks if I want to play Yahtzee, I say "sure" because I don't feel pulled in 40 other directions and have 200 other things to do. I love the crafts that Maggie and I spend time on. I love when the kids want to have a "rubbing" contest (they want me to judge who gives better back rubs...it's one of the best games I have ever made up, for obvious reasons!!) I love it that I can call up a friend and say "let me help...I'm free Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week!"

So, this year, I am going to decorate for Christmas like never before. I am going to snuggle with my kids and watch movies on the couch. I am going to plan dates with my husband. Heck, I might even help him build the igloo this year, depending on the weather, of course. And I am going to enjoy my life, because it's a good life. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment