Sunday, January 31, 2010

They Say The Cutest Things

I recently came across a notebook that I had written down funny things our kids had said/done while they were toddlers. Scott and I (and the kids) have had a lot of fun remembering and laughing. The following are a few highlights... (There may be some words offensive to Grandma - butt, poop...sorry!)


"That's my wicked finger!" - Jake (You can guess what he was doing...)

"My favorite color is bunner (butter)!" - Maggie, while eating butter off the butter dish with a spoon.


"What do you like better, toys or food," Maggie to Jake. Jake to Maggie, "Toys!"(In a very, "are you even serious??!?!" voice.) Maggie back to Jake, sighing, "Yeah, I like food."


"Where's Christmas? Where's the tinsel, where's the garlic?" Maggie, singing a song for her upcoming Christmas program. "Why garlic?" I ask. "You know, Mom, I don't really know." "Do you think it should maybe be 'garland?'" I ask. "Ohhhh. Yes!" Pause. "What's garland?"

During potty training: Jake: "Dad! Smoke came out of my butt!" Scott: "You'll be popular in college!"

After Scott blew air in Maggie's face with an air compressor: "Daddy, don't do that! It scares my hair!"

Jake asked if we could go see the dinosaurs at the zoo one time; I explained that they were 'extinct,' which meant that they had all died. He later told someone that "All the dinosaurs pooped and then they died because they stinked."

Jake, rubbing the head of a newborn cousin, "When will her hair be born?"

Out of the mouths of babes...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a laugh on a Monday morning! You were so smart to write those things down. We all know we should but....Also, love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite color is bunner, too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete