Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh, the snow.

I have an igloo in my yard. And a castle. And a sled run down to the lake with a jump on the end.

It's four-thousand degrees below zero, you can ice skate down the road I live on and the kids have not been outside for recess for about a week. (They go out if the wind chill is higher than negative 10) They are hardy. Me, not so much.

I decided to try to come up with some positives; so here goes. #1. I can go grocery shopping in the morning, buy ice cream, and not head home until evening and it will still be frozen. #2. Christmas is pretty and I can use ice skates and sleds to decorate and it doesn't look wierd.
#3. That's it. Let me know if you can think of any (and then I will invite you to live here and see if it's really worth it...).

2 comments:

  1. And I thought NW Iowa was bad! You make me laugh!
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...no thanks :) I'll take my Nashville winters where they cancel everything with a 50% chance for up to an inch of snow (that will melt as soon as it hits the ground). I can't believe they have recess OUTSIDE with a windchill of -9...hardy indeed.

    ReplyDelete