Monday, September 19, 2011

Boys' Trip

After a trip to the Black Hills with Scott's parents fell through, Scott and Jake decided to head to the hills anyway and camp. They recruited Andy and Luke to accompany them.

They did a little rock jumping (I believe this is Andy.) Scott took our older camera, so the pictures aren't stellar.
They did some hiking.

And Jake spent some time in the ER in Custer, getting his leg stitched up after he fell on a rock and split open his calf. The following is a transcript of the phone call that Scott made to tell me what was going on:

Scott: "Hey, I got to see an old medical school classmate."
Me: "How fun!"
Scott: "Yeah, we're in the ER in Custer. Jake's getting his leg stitched up."
Me: silence.
Me: "That's how you tell me?"

Jake is fine; he had 9 stitches. Andy and Luke held down the fort while they were gone.

I wasn't there for the festivities (all the girls were in Willmar, painting Mom and Dad's new house...20 gallons of paint in two days...a whole different blog post entirely), but I'm told the camping trip may become an annual event. Just as long as I don't have to go. Next year, though, I'm planning something other than painting...

1 comment:

  1. Dana Diamond JohnstoneOctober 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM

    Where are the pictures of the gash on his calf??!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete