Sunday, July 3, 2011

Run, Scott, Run!

I got up bright and early this morning to watch Scott run the Green Lake Road Race, a 12-mile race around Green Lake that he does every year. Before I left, I had two thoughts - I need to remember my chair and I need to remember my camera. Guess which one I forgot.

Anyway, he did great, set a personal record and finished in a time of 1 hour, 44 minutes. Stud.

We've had a couple of busy weeks; various members of my family were here for a week in mid-June and Scott's family spent part of last week here. They took Jake and Mags home with them, so things are very quiet around here.

Someone asked me this morning what projects I had planned to do while the kids are gone. Hmmmmm. You'd think I would be eager to finish up some things that have been hanging over my head for the past year (finish painting windows, paint the guest room, etc.), but to be honest, my only thought was that I was going to spend a lot of time reading on the dock. So, if you want to stop by, that's probably where I'll be. I have extra chairs...just bring a book. I'll even provide sun tea, sunscreen, sun glasses. Hopefully God will provide the sun!

2 comments:

  1. Does your sun tea have sugar and lemon in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! It's the only way to make it, right?

    ReplyDelete