Friday, July 29, 2011

God Bless America, even North Dakota

We are back on American soil. (We were only in Canada for a few days, but still!!) After Big Sky, Montana, we drove north to Glacier National Park for three days and then up to Banff, Canada for another three days.

I am writing this from my hotel room in Minot, North Dakota after being in the car for 13 hours today - left Canada at 6 a.m. and finally crossed the border at 4:30 this afternoon. The kids have been troopers, so we rewarded them and found a hotel with a water park and they are currently swimming their little hearts out.

We stopped at a DQ for a snack this afternoon (which they also have all over Canada, by the way) and Maggie said, "It's so good to be back in America!" We laughed. The only difference our kids even noticed in Canada was that some of the signs were in French and English and that they have different money.

Banff was absolutely breathtaking. The only thing I wanted to see that I didn't was a grizzly bear. We saw a black bear in Glacier National Park, so I guess I'll have to be happy with that!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment