Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jake the Builder

Jake is a master at finding stuff in the lake and repurposing it into cool things. For Mother's Day two years ago, he made a bench out of an old board and an old rake handle that he found in the lake. It is one of my favorite things on my patio.
This year, he found another cool piece of wood in the lake and made a sign for my office.
So when he pulled yet another board out of the lake, he decided it was time to make something for daddy. We decided on an old fashioned tool tote that we could fill with fireworks and give him for father's day.
Safety first - notice the glasses! He also found a small old wooden handle to something. No idea what it came from, but he thought it would make the perfect handle for his tote.
So we measured and cut...
...and started building.

We got some major pyrotechnic devices (fireworks) at the grocery store and filled 'er up. We also did a little paint job on the outside to make it "cooler."

I love it and want it for myself. Scott can have all the explodable stuff in it; I just want to fill it with flowers and put it on my kitchen table. (And yes, I pulled Jake out of the lake for the above picture.:)

2 comments:

  1. It looked great with flowers in it yesterday for the party!! Good job, Jake! Next time you find a board, maybe a planter or bench for Grandma's patio????
    Love you, Grandma N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that too and thought it was very cool. Had no idea Mr. Jake had made it. What a kid!

    ReplyDelete