Thursday, June 9, 2011

God Bless America

I love the red, white and blue. I love the fourth of July. And I believe you can decorate like it's the fourth of July all year! I love to play hostess, especially when we can spend the afternoon in the boat and then grill burgers.

So I decided my deck needed a little sprucing up. American-style sprucing up. I bought some tableclothes made of outdoor/indoor fabric, got out my scissors and sewing machine and went to town!

I made new chair pads (which, apparently, Max and Maisey approve of).

A fitted round tablecloth (that won't blow off!!)

And some pennant-style bunting to add a little whimsy.

I will eventually be taking down the old broken lights and putting up white lights in the pine trees that can be left up year-round. (I only have about a million left over from the wedding...)

Now, just bring on the warm weather and we're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment