Sunday, July 4, 2010

20 years and counting...

I spent part of my 4th of July weekend in some of my old haunts. It was my 20-year high school reunion (egad!!), so I talked Mom into a road trip and off we went to Iowa Falls.

Forgot my camera, so you'll just have to visualize...all of the girls looked pretty much the same, except our hair is no longer as big. (I'm a child of the late 80's, early 90's - lots of perms and really big bangs...) Not the guys so much. Lots of weight gain and gray hair there. Hmmmm.

Anyway, it was fun to catch up for a few hours with some people I spent a lot of my teenage years with, drove around and saw the old farm place, the Princess Cafe, the Red Rooster (it's like time stands still - just the trees get bigger.)

The best part was ten hours of time just talking to my mom - thanks for going with me; you're the best!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot your camera??? And we'll just have to take your word for it that the girls "looked pretty much the same"??? How convenient!

    ReplyDelete