Friday, August 28, 2009

What If Butter Was Healthy...

That's the question my 6-year old asked as we were making her favorite meal - broccoli, chicken and rice casserole (or "hotdish" as us Minnesotans call it). Just think of it, vegetables made healthier by drenching them in butter. Bread - who cares about the carbs as long as you put a lot of butter on it.


My daughter's love of butter is not new. I found her on the kitchen counter as a two-year old eating off the butter dish with a fork. "Bunner is my favorite color," she proclaimed. It's still a favorite quote in our house.


Alas, butter is not healthy, but it sure is good. We made a few extra pans of broccoli, chicken and rice and popped them in the freezer, so stop by if you're hungry. We also have butter, if you want some.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! so glad you are part of the blogging world. It's a great way for us to keep up with what's happening in your life. Thanks. Hope to see you all soon. (I'm a fan of 'bunner' myself!)

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to blog land! And I do so wish that butter was healthy...I might actually call myself a healthy eater if that was the case. Oh, and your chicken, broccoli & rice is also one of our favorites - thanks for passing along the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete