Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lea's Story

A friend of mine gave this dresser to me. It was her childhood bedroom furniture and then her daughter's, but they no longer needed it, so she thought I could do something fun with it and donate it to the CCS auction.
The "before" picture is actually after I did a little bit of work on it - I filled in a floral design that was on the top two drawers. I just wasn't feeling the floral.
And this is what she became.
I have always called the furniture I'm working on by a name. Weird, I know. But it's what I do. I was having a hard time naming this one...and then she sort of named herself. It's right there - already tattooed on. "Lea."  She's one of the Bedroom People. :)  But I think she would be happy anywhere...a family room, living room, game room...
And there's a little surprise in each drawer. I love elephants and giraffes.
This was Lea's inspiration. I have had these tin hot air balloons for years and they've been in my storage room for quite awhile. I just never had the heart to take them to Goodwill. They'll go with Lea to her new home to keep her company.
She makes me happy.
I hope she gets to live somewhere really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Every time you post something I think, "Oh…nope…that's my new favorite…" but Lea, I think, is my new favorite for sure! :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete