Sunday, December 16, 2012

I feel sorry for all the other mommies...

Jake and I used to have a conversation every night when I was tucking him into bed.  It went like this:

Me:  "I feel sorry for all the other mommies.  Do you know why I feel sorry for all the other mommies?"

Jake:  "Because they don't get to be my mommy?"

Me:  "That's right.  Only I get to be your mommy.  I am a lucky mommy."

When Maggie was old enough, one night as I was tucking her into bed, I said, "Maggie, I feel sorry for all the other mommies.  Do you know why I feel sorry for all the other mommies?"

Maggie (with a puzzled look on her face):  "Because you hit them?"

Yes.  Yes, I hit them all.  Watch out for this mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't your mommy teach you not to hit?

    Love, your mommy :)

    ReplyDelete