Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Did It

Well, I completed the Army 10-miler.  I ran the whole way, even smiled once in awhile.  Like when a guy playing a fife (yes, a fife) wearing American flag shorts ran past me, tooting on that little horn the entire way.  (Irked me a little though - he wasn't even short of breath.)

Now, the real kicker is, Scott totally one-upped me.  He ran it, too - that's not the one-upping part.  Sort of old hat for a guy who has run 13 or 14 marathons (I have lost count); but this time...wait for it...he ran while suffering from pneumonia.  You read correctly.  He has pneumonia.  He should probably be in the hospital (in my opinion); but of course, when one of us is a doctor and it's not me, then my medical opinion doesn't count for much. 

He actually was in the hospital all day today and will be tomorrow and the day after that, but only because he's working. 12-hour shifts.  Say a prayer for him if you would; he really does not feel well and sounds terrible.  I really wish I could do something useful for him, but painting furniture does not help pneumonia.  (I have offered hot tea, a back rub, a trip to the store to buy more cough medicine as well, by the way.) He is currently trying to sleep in a recliner with a bucket nearby in case he coughs so hard that he throws up.  :(

Anyway, other than Scott feeling icky, we had a great time in DC; fun with the Causeys, a little sightseeing (The International Spy Museum, Ford's Theater, and the National Air and Space Museum); yummy eats, a couple of Causey kids' sporting events and of course the 10-miler. 

And a little Costco episode that I will let Lauri blog about.  Never a dull moment.  Never.


No comments:

Post a Comment