Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bun-Fest

We're celebrating bun-fest here in the Abrams' household. I recently baked buns for a day - seven batches, 16 per batch. That's 112 buns. We REALLY love buns.


We hosted a lunch here for all of Scott's extended family the day after his sister's wedding and homemade buns are so much better than store-bought. (It's Aunt Sharon's recipe - we like her buns best...)

Of course, while most of them made it into the freezer, a few took a detour. I mean, fresh buns, after all.



Since bun-fest was going on, I decided we might as well celebrate chicken-fest as well. 12 pounds of chicken in three crock pots; a little water, garlic salt, lipton onion soup mix and Italian salad dressing. Cook it forever and then shred it. Freeze all 27 cups. After all that, eat it with the buns from bun-fest. Yum. (Thanks to Aunt Lauri for that recipe!!)

I also celebrated corn-fest and froze 98 pints of sweet corn. Blech. Not my favorite celebration, but come January, I'll be glad I threw that party.

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored that you hold my buns in such high regard.

    ReplyDelete